Clearing up some time from your schedule for yourself every day can have tremendous effects in your life. It doesn't really matter whether it's only a couple of minutes, because you need to start somewhere!
During this time, you can choose things that you can do to improve yourself such as working out, painting your nails, attending to your hair or skin, reading, listening to some good music, cooking something new, getting a tan on the beach or just watching the sunset while enjoying a warm cup of tea.
Self Care can be so many things and these activities are different from one person to another, but we all know what we need to do when it comes to taking care of ourselves. It can be a long, soothing, candle light bath or having some quality time with your friends or even going shopping! Anything as long as it makes you physically, mentally or spiritually happier and better.
However, for most people, finding that bit of time off for self care is a challenge although it might sound easy when you think about it. So, here are some simple ways to get more organized and make some 'me time' for yourself:
- A simple to-do list goes a long way. Sit down on a Sunday and write down a list of things you need to do that week. Make sure that you include things like meals, because as soon as those things are on the list, you can get organized and there won't be any need to waste time thinking about what to cook or make multiple trips to the store.
- Prepare ahead of time for the next activity on the list. That's going to save you a lot of time when it's finally time to do it.
- Finish off those little chores then and there. Don't let tidying up and cleaning build up as they usually take longer to finish the longer you wait.
- Start your day with some good vibes. Listen to some upbeat music or read a few positive quotes before you get going. That's going to set the tone for the rest of the day!
- Finally and most importantly, make sure that you squeeze in a bit of time for yourself every day.