Ladies, ever wonder why you break out after using wet wipes as makeup remover? I'm sure you have. I know because I have been there and done that. You see, for years I was addicted to make up wipes. Yes, that is a problem! and I am here to tell you why there are a lot of reasons why you should stop using them.
What is a Wet Wipe?
Wet wipes are essentially pieces of fabric soaked in some kind of liquid solution—usually water, but sometimes an alcohol-based formula. They're often infused with cleansing agents to help remove dirt from the skin—that's why you can use them on so many different surfaces and still have them come out clean!
1. They don't remove all of your make-up.
Wet wipes are not built to dissolve makeup, Especially if you prefer to wear waterproof or long-wearing makeup. So traces may remain and clog pores, leading to a breakout.
2. They irritate your skin and cause breakouts.
Believe it or not, most wet wipes not only strip away dirt, but also strip away natural oils and moisturizers in the process. This can lead to dryness and irritation—which is bad enough on its own but can also cause acne breakouts!
3. They don't cleanse your pores, so they cause clogged pores, which can lead to blackheads and pimples.
4. They remove moisture from your skin, leaving it dry and flaky.
Many wet wipes contain ingredients like alcohol and fragrances that strip your skin of its natural oils. This is because they break down the protective layer of oil that keeps moisture sealed into your pores, making them dry out more quickly than they would if left alone.
5. You have to use at least three or four wipes to effectively remove all of your makeup, so you end up wasting a lot more than if you just used a cleanser.
6. They break down in the landfill, so they contribute to pollution in the environment for millions of years after you throw them away!
7. After you've removed your make-up with wipes, do you feel like your skin is clean? Probably not—so why use them when there's something better out there?
Upgrade to reusable makeup remover pads, the new way to cleanse!